Oreo Golden Strawberry Milkshake
Oreo Golden Strawberry Milkshake is your cold treat for a hot summer day. It is sweet, ice-cold, creamy, and made of Oreo golden cookies, milk, ice cream, and strawberries. You’ll love this strawberry cookies and cream milkshake.
Milkshakes are one of the most popular refreshing drinks for hot weather. The secret of this strawberry milkshake is adding OREO Golden cookies. The vanilla ice cream makes the milkshake drink creamy, sweet, and thick.
This recipe contains OREO golden cookies, fresh strawberries, milk, and strawberry ice cream. I also added a dash of rum myself, but of course, you can also add another liqueur or no liqueur at all. The milkshake was a bit on the sweet side, but I like that. If you don’t really like it very sweet, you can replace the strawberry ice cream with vanilla ice cream.
How did I come up with this combination? l wanted to make a nice fresh milkshake for the summer. I immediately thought of fresh strawberries. Lately, I discovered OREO golden cookies – I like them better than regular OREO cookies. I had the best idea of combining them together, and wow that was one of my best choices ever. It is a delicious combination. The vanilla of the OREO cookies goes wonderfully with the fresh strawberries. Are you a fan of OREO Golden cookies, strawberries, and milkshakes? Then I am 100% sure you will love this strawberry milkshake recipe.
What are Oreo Golden cookies?
Oreo Golden Sandwich Cookies are vanilla-flavored cookies filled with the classic OREO crème.
🧁 Ingredient Notes
This milkshake only consists 4 ingredients:
- Ice Cream: you can choice between vanilla ice cream or strawberry ice cream for this recipe. I have tried them both and they are both delicious. Be aware, the milkshake with the strawberry ice cream is extremely sweet (but I personally like that).
- OREO Golden Sandwich Cookies: the secret ingredient of this milkshake. The vanilla flavor combines perfectly with the strawberries and vanilla ice cream.
- Milk: I use whole milk for this recipe because whole milk makes the milkshake creamier and thicker than reduced fat-milk or low-fat milk. However, you can use any milk of your choice.
- Strawberries: I used fresh strawberries for this recipe, but you can also use frozen strawberries for this recipe. It doesn’t make a difference in the taste of the milkshake.
🔪 Step-by-step instructions
- Blend the strawberries, milk, OREO golden cookies, and vanilla ice cream until smooth. Start the blender on low, then turn it up to high.
- Fill the glass with one scoop of ice cream and pour the milkshake into it.
- Optional: add some toppings like whipped cream, strawberry sauce, or liquor.
For full ingredients and instructions for making strawberry cookies and cream milkshake, scroll down to the recipe card.
Gluten-free: it is possible to make the milkshake gluten-free. Unfortunately, the Golden Oreo Cookies are not gluten-free, so I searched for some great gluten-free alternatives. I have found 2 great gluten-free alternatives, the vanilla sandwich creme cookies of Kinnikinick Foods or Goodie Girl – Birthday Cake Sandwich cookies. Above that is not every ice cream is gluten-free, check the packaging to see if it is gluten-free. Here are some gluten-free ice cream brands: Breyers, Talenti, Chewtopia, So Delicious, NadaMoo!, and Wink Frozen desserts. To make this recipe completely gluten-free, you have to swap the ice cream for gluten-free ice cream.
The only thing you need for making this milkshake is a blender. I don’t have a blender, but I have a Nitribullet. I absolutely love my Nutribullet! It is fast and small. Makes perfect milkshakes in seconds.
👩🏼🍳 Expert Tips
- Dip your ice scoop into the water when the ice cream is frozen. So the scoop gets easier in the ice cream.
- Iced Coffee With Ice Cream
- White Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream
- Dutch arretjescake
- Passion fruit cheesecake
- Baileys Easter Egg Milkshake
- Strawberry mojito
❓ Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Milkshake?
A milkshake is a cold sweet drink, made of ice cream, milk, fruit, and/or flavorings all blended together into a cold mixture.
What is the difference between the golden OREO and the Chocolate OREO?
Both cookies have the same size, texture, and shape. The real difference is the flavor of the cookies. The Original OREO has a chocolate taste and the golden OREO is vanilla flavored.
Can I use the original OREO instead of the Golden OREO?
No, you can’t because the original OREO has a completely different flavor as the Golden OREO. The outcome of the recipe will be completely different.
Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh strawberries?
Yes, you can! It wouldn’t make a big difference in the outcome of the recipe. I bet you will never notice it.
⭐️ Did you make this? Please leave a star rating below or a review in the comments section.
Oreo Golden Strawberry Milkshake
- 150 ml Milk
- 150 grams Strawberries
- 8 scoops Ice Cream Vanilla or Strawberry
- 40 ml Liquor Optional
- 10 OREO Golden cookies
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces and put them in the blender.150 grams Strawberries
- Put 8 scoops of vanilla or strawberry ice cream in the blender.8 scoops Ice Cream
- Break the OREO golden biscuits into small pieces and throw them in the blender. If you want to add a liquor, then it is now the time. Finally, add the milk and turn on the blender.150 ml Milk, 10 OREO Golden cookies, 40 ml Liquor
- Divide the milkshake between two glasses.
- Add some toppings, like whipped cream, white chocolate, or strawberries.
- Add a liquor, some recommendations: Licor 43 or Rum.
- Put a strawberries dessert sauce in the glass or on top of the whipped cream.
- You can both use vanilla or strawberry ice cream. Note that if you choose strawberry ice cream, that the milkshake will be a lot sweeter.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
Did you make this recipe? Mention @fleurfoodie and use the #fleurfoodie
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.