An airy, delicious mocha mousse recipe that is ready in less than 5 minutes. With only 3 ingredients, this mocha mousse is easy to make. Mocha dessert lovers will absoly enjoy this this recipe. Quick, easy, sweet, and creamy.
I love a quick and easy dessert and this one is a great example of it. An easy no-bake dessert takes less than 5 minutes to make and is made of just three ingredients. This coffee mousse is made without gelatine and without eggs. Therefore it is one of the easiest mocha mousses ever!
You can make this mousse without any effort! Even kids can easily make this mocha mousse recipe.
Are you a fan of coffee and mousses? Then I am 100% sure you will love this instant coffee mousse recipe. It is creamy, rich, and fluffy.
🧁 Ingredient Notes
Easy mocha mousse – just three ingredients for this fluffy no-bake dessert.
- Instant coffee powder – I used coffee powder with a mocha flavor, these instant coffee is sweeter as regular coffee powder. But you can use the regular instant coffee powder as well.
- Sugar – to make the mocha mousse sweeter.
- Cream – full fat heavy cream to whip up properly.
Note that these three ingredients are the base of this recipe! You can variate with this recipe. You can add a dash of your favorite coffee liquor. Or add some toppings like whipped cream, chocolate sauce, nougatine nuts, or chocolate mocha beans.
🔪 Step-by-step instructions
This super easy recipe will only take about 10 minutes of your time.
Step 1 – In a mixing bowl whisk together the instant coffee powder, sugar, and hot water until creamy. If you want to add some vanilla extract as well you can add it now as well.
Step 2 – In another mixing bowl whisk the whipping cream, with an electric mixer or whisk, until medium-stiff peaks form.
Step 3 – Carefully beat the whipped cream into the mocha mixture with a spatula. You want the mixture to remain airy, so add the whipped cream slowly and carefully.
Step 4 – Divide the mocha mousse mixture into dessert glasses. You can do this with a spoon or with a piping bag if you want to do it carefully.
Step 5 – let the mixture cool in the refrigerator for at least a half-hour. After resting you can add some toppings and enjoy this delicious mocha recipe.
The only things you need to make this mocha mousse are a whisk or electric mixer and mixing bowls. The mousse needs to stiffen in the refrigerator, so you need a refrigerator as well.
👩🏼🍳 Expert Tips and variations
I love a recipe I can tweak and even though this has only a few ingredients, you can still change it up.
- Use instant coffee with mocha flavor for the best result. Mocha instant coffee results in a sweet mocha mousse.
- Add some vanilla extract or a liquor to variate with this recipe.
Cover the mousse and store it in the fridge for 3-4 days. But I recommend eating the mousse the same day or the next day.
A mousse is a light and airy dessert that is served cold. It is often made with whipped cream or egg whites and gelatine.
Mocha mousse is a mousse made of whipped cream, sugar, and instant coffee. It is a mousse with a coffee flavor.
To give them a denser texture and a mousse needs to be served cold. Keeping the mousse in the fridge also helps to preserve the light and airy texture.
- Iced Coffee with vanilla ice cream
- Oreo Golden Milkshake
- White chocolate strawberry ice cream
- Lemon Bundt Cake
⭐️ Did you make this? Please leave a star rating below or a review in the comments section.
Easy Mocha Mousse
- 21 grams Instant coffee powder
- 30 ml Boiling water
- 35 grams granulated sugar
- 250 ml heavy cream full fat
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the instant coffee powder, sugar, and hot water until creamy. If you want to add some vanilla extract as well you can add it now as well.21 grams Instant coffee powder, 30 ml Boiling water, 35 grams granulated sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In another mixing bowl whisk the heavy cream, with an electric mixer or whisk, until medium-stiff peaks form.250 ml heavy cream
- Carefully beat the whipped cream into the mocha mixture with a spatula. You want the mixture to remain airy, so add the whipped cream slowly and carefully.
- Divide the mocha mousse mixture into dessert glasses. You can do this with a spoon or with a piping bag if you want to do it carefully. let the mixture cool in the refrigerator for at least a half-hour. After resting you can add some toppings and enjoy this delicious mocha recipe.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.