This is the best recipe for Nutella Brownies! These easy Nutella brownies are fudgy, chocolatey, gooey, and super delicious.
Are you a big fan of hazelnut spreads and brownies? Then I have the perfect recipe for brownies with hazelnut spread. This recipe is inspired by the best brownies from Broma Bakery
I was in the mood to experience and I wanted to make a brownie with a hazelnut chocolate spread. I was looking on the internet for a good recipe. But I wasn’t convinced by what I read. That is why I put a recipe together. And the brownies turned out amazing. The brownies are very tasteful, fudgy, and gooey. These brownies are by far my favorite brownies. I definitely gonna make them more often!
I combined my favorite ingredients into these fudgy brownies: Nutella and chocolate. Often I realize that homemade brownies are on the dry side, but these Nutella brownies are super gooey and fudgy. I served the brownies to multiple people and they are totally approved. The recipe for these super delicious brownies is super easy to make. Ready within 55 minutes.
Complete the brownies after the baking with an extra layer of Nutella on top of the brownies. Because of this the Nutella taste comes up and comes to its right, after that throw some nougatine nuts up.
Do you want to make kids-friendly and cute-looking brownies? Check out my recipe for Cute Chocolate Monster Halloween Brownies.
🧈 Ingredient notes & substitutions
- Butter – I love to regulate the amount of salt I use for baking, that is why I always use unsalted butter. You can use salted butter as well, but make sure that you don’t add extra salt to the brownie mix. Melting the butter before adding it to the sugar stops air bubbles from forming when you beat them together. This prevents the brownies from rising too much.
- Light brown sugar – sweetens the brownie. The molasses of the brown sugar make the brownie moist and chewy. You can substitute it for dark brown sugar (more caramel taste) or granulated sugar.
- Flour – it adds structure to the brownies. I used all-purpose flour.
- Vanilla extract – gives baked goods more taste. Choose a good quality vanilla extract, because that really makes a difference.
- Salt – I used pure, fine sea salt. Adding a pinch of salt enhances the natural flavors of the brownie.
- Eggs – are used to add structure to baked goods. You need 4 eggs at room temperature.
- Hazelnut spread – you can choose your favorite hazelnut spread. you can garnish the brownies by putting some Nutella on top of the brownies as well.
- Cocoa powder – adds a chocolate flavor to your brownies. You can use dutch processed cacao powder or natural cacao powder. I like the brownies more with dutch processed cacao powder.
- Chocolate chips – you can use white, milk, or dark chocolate. I used dark chocolate.
- Preheat the convection oven to 165 °C / 330 °F.
- Grease a 20×30 cm baking dish with butter so that the baking paper does not move. Then put the baking paper in the baking dish and cut away the edges that protrude above the baking dish with scissors.
- Put 300 grams of butter and 200 grams of light brown sugar in a (microwave-safe) bowl. Place it in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir to combine. Repeat this 2 more times. Let it cool down for a while.
- Add the 4 eggs one by one, making sure to mix in between each time before adding the next egg.
- Add 3/4 tsp salt and 2 tsp vanilla extract to the brownie mix. Sift 75 grams of cocoa powder and 90 grams of flour into the brownie mix. Then add 5 large tablespoons of Nutella (or another chocolate or hazelnut spread to the brownie mix). Finally, add 100 grams of chocolate chips.
- Bake it for 35 minutes in the preheated oven. Check the doneness of the brownies with the toothpick test. Insert a toothpick in the center of the brownie, when it comes out clean then the brownies are done. Don’t worry if the brownie still feels soft when it comes out of the oven, this will make the brownies much gooey when it cools down (less dry).
- Wait until the brownies have cooled down completely (minimum of 30 minutes). When they have cooled down you can spread a layer of Nutella on top of the brownies. Then you can add some Nougatine nuts on top as a topping.
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or electric mixer
- 20×30 cm baking pan
- Kitchen scale
🍰 How to store Nutella brownies?
Have you baked too many brownies? Don’t worry. You can store these fudgy Nutella brownies for up to 7 days. Wrap them with aluminum foil or cling film, so that no air gets into them. Do NOT keep the brownies in the refrigerator, as they will dry out there. Preferably keep them in a cold and dark place, such as a kitchen cabinet.
You can also freeze undecorated brownies if you wrap them per portion into aluminum foil or cling film. You can store brownies in the freezer for up to 3 months.
🔪 How do you cut a brownie?
The easiest way to cut a brownie is to wait until the brownie is completely cooled down. The chance is smaller than the brownie will fall apart when cutting the brownie. You can also use a measuring staff to cut the brownies into equal pieces.
Grab a large kitchen knife, and drop it under hot water. Dry it with a towel and start cutting the brownies into equal pieces. Repeat these steps every time you want to cut into the brownies.
👩🏼🍳 Expert tips
- You can also warm up a brownie in the oven before eating, a warm brownie is always the best.
- To give the brownies some extra texture, you can add some hazelnuts to the brownie batter as well.
- Don’t open the oven door for the first 25 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test to see if your brownies are done. Don’t bake the brownies for too long otherwise, they will become dry. And then they will lose their fudginess.
No, you don’t need to use Nutella, you can also use other brands of hazelnut spread. You will get a delicious hazelnut spread brownie as well.
⭐️ Did you make this? Please leave a star rating below or a review in the comments section.
📖 Recipe for Nutella Brownies
Fudgy Nutella Brownies
- 300 grams unsalted butter
- 200 grams light brown sugar
- 90 grams all purpose flour
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 large tablespoons Nutella or another hazelnut or chocolate spread
- 75 grams cacao powder
- 100 grams chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 165 °C (330°F). Grease a 20×30 cm baking pan with butter so that the baking paper does not move. Next step put the baking paper in the baking dish and cut away the edges that protrude above the baking dish with scissors.
- Add unsalted butter and light brown sugar in a (microwave safe) bowl. Place it in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir to combine. Repeat this 2 more times. Let it cool down for a while.200 grams light brown sugar, 300 grams unsalted butter
- Add the eggs one by one in the butter mix. Make sure to mix in between each time before adding the next egg.4 eggs
- Add salt and vanilla extract to the brownie mix and whisk until combined. Sift the cocoa powder and the all purpose flour into the brownie mix. Whisk until combined. As last add Nutella (or another chocolate or hazelnut spread to the brownie mix) and whisk until combined. Finally add the chocolate chips and stir it into the brownie mix.90 grams all purpose flour, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 pinch of salt, 5 large tablespoons Nutella, 75 grams cacao powder, 100 grams chocolate chips
- Bake it for 35 minutes in the preheated oven. Check of the brownies are done. Insert a tooth pick in the center of the brownie, when it comes out clean then the brownies are done. Don't worry if the brownie still feels soft when it comes out of the oven, this will make the brownies much gooey when it cools down (less dry).
- Wait until the brownies have cooled down completely before decorating and cutting the brownie. When they have cooled down you can spread a layer of Nutella on top of the brownies. Then you can add some Nougatine nuts on top as a topping.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included.
- Passion fruit cheesecake
- Classic Dutch Pancakes
- No-bake mojito cheesecake
- Easy Mocha Mousse
- Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.